Monday, December 12, 2011

dissappointed tourist

Whilst visiting my Daughter in Wichita we decided to visit the US Cavalry Museum at Fort Riley as I was brought up on the storys of Custer and the 7th. After a 2 hour drive we arrived at the visitor centre only to be told that entry was not permitted to the museum as my wife and I did not have a US ID. Our Passports, which will allow us entry into several hundred countries, were not acceptable, and after a call to security we were sent away. I find this attitude to visitors unbelievable as we were visiting a museum not a front line operational base. This is no way to treat a 37 year AirForce veteran from the USA%26#39;s staunchest ally (Britain) and to say we were disappointed and embarassed would be an understatement.



dissappointed tourist


I%26#39;m sorry this happened, tuffysdad.





Someone at Fort Riley has dropped the ball. Their community relations section does not warn about this when it lists what is need for admission.



dissappointed tourist


tuftysdad, Sorry to hear about your bad experience but as a member of the military for 37 years I am sure you know that a lot of things it does has little to do with common sense.




tuftysdad, i am embarrassed as well....i am so sorry that this happened to your in our country....shame on someone...




Military bases are secure for a reason. Vistors passes can be obtained through proper channels. I am sorry you felt slighted but we are a country at war.




I agree that the base has aright to exclude some classes of people. But they should have said so on the Fort Riley web pages urging visitors to come tour the museums.

No comments:

Post a Comment