Monday, December 12, 2011

Ghost Tours

Rumor has it that Atchison, KS is the most haunted town in the country. However, the week I am traveling to Kansas there are no tours offered (they are only offered the first Saturday of the month May - August). Does anyone know of other tours that are offered or have a map of the haunted houses so that I can take my own self-guided ghost tour? I was really excited about these tours and of course I miss one by a day. Oh well.



Ghost Tours


This site will give you enough information to find many of the homes: www.kansastravel.org/atchisontrolleytour.htm





You can pick up a map of historic homes from the Convention and Visitor%26#39;s bureau. It doesn%26#39;t list the haunted homes, but you can cordinate it with the info on that website.





There is a firm offering Ghost tours in Topeka, that you might also consider.





This was the first year that they offered summer Ghost tours at all. They do have other trolly tours. You might take one of them and pester the guide for info.



Ghost Tours


Oh, one of the best known haunted places was not included in the tour whe I took it: Old Hoof %26amp; Horn at the Riverhouse Restaurant.





Stop for dinner and ask your server for details.




Thank you so much for the information! I emailed the visitor center for information and they told me some similar stuff. I will def. check out that restaurant that you suggested. Thanks again for taking the time to post! Have a great summer!!!




My family and I are planning to go there for the very same reason, but I thought that I saw where they were also doing the tours in October. You might want to call the chamber of commerce and ask for a diret number to the haunted tour, that is what I plan to do before i go out there. Also there is like some type of open forum for Atchison about the the town. You might want to read some of what they are saying before you venture out on your own as far as good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods. I have already read it and it made me think of other avenues before venturing with my family to unknown grounds. I just started my looking into hotels and ect. today. By the way, are there only TWO hotels in this town ? If anyone knows please write. Thanks, take care of you and yours.




Don%26#39;t wait to book tours in October.. Last year, October was sold out in early September.





I%26#39;ve been in Atchison several times and never felt I was some place unsafe. It hadn%26#39;t even occurred to me.




Forgot to answer your other question. I only know of a couple of motels and two or three B%26amp;Bs.





Leavenworth, KS and St. Joseph, MO are each about 20 miles away. St. Joseph probably offers the most options.

No comments:

Post a Comment