Monday, December 12, 2011

Embassy Suites-Overland Park, KS. Did you know...?

I just wanted to share something that I learned about this particular Embassy Suites. This was the very first Embassy Suites ever built. It opened in 1984 and served as a prototype. One thing that I notice about this particular hotel that I don%26#39;t in other Embassy Suites is that the atrium is triangular, whereas the atria (I guess that%26#39;s right) of other Embassy Suites that have them are usually square or rectangular in shape. I think that the atrium is a nice touch to the Embassy Suites hotels, but sometimes carries the noise. One question I have is I was wondering how this Embassy Suites rates compared to others. There is an older (1985) Embassy Suites near me in Hunt Valley, MD that has never been redone since the day it opened, or at least that%26#39;s what I%26#39;ve heard. It used to be nice but I have heard that it is really getting run down and has gotten quite a few bad reviews on here lately. My favorite Embassy Suites hotels that I have stayed at are the one near the Pittsburgh airport in Coraopolis, PA and the one in Cary, NC. If anyone has any thoughts or comments about the Embassy Suites in Overland Park, please feel to share them. Also, any comments regarding the Embassy Suites chain itself are appropriate here, as Overland Park is its birthplace. Thanks.



Embassy Suites-Overland Park, KS. Did you know...?


I have to agree with you 100 percent, .too many kids/no supervision



Embassy Suites-Overland Park, KS. Did you know...?


Haven%26#39;t stayed in the OP ES, but have stayed many times in the one across the state line into KCMO, on 43rd St. (supposedly ';Plaza';, but really between Plaza and Westport). The Plaza location must have opened about the same time, or shortly after, because I remember staying there a very long time ago, I thought even prior to 1984 (???) The pool there is still great, but the overall place is getting a bit raggedy, or may sometimes seem that way due to non-attentive staff. Have stayed at other ES, and one of my favorites was Austin TX, by Town Lake. You could walk over the ';bat bridge'; to downtown on Congress Avenue, and Threadgill%26#39;s is just to the south for that Armadillo Vibe. The pool at Austin is nearly as good, but the atrium is beautiful and the whole place was very well maintained.





Too many unsupervised kids ??? Of course! You combine a big atrium with glass elevators and a pool, with free adult beverages in the evening, and the kids will run wild while the grownups grab a cold one and relax. That%26#39;s the reality, but it ususally isn%26#39;t that noisy, and it%26#39;s a great hotel concept.





We love Embassy. Wonder if you could check the dates on the opening ... it really seems like I stayed on 43rd before %26#39;84 .....




Their corporate website says ';April 1984 - First Embassy Suites opened in Overland Park, Kansas.';

No comments:

Post a Comment