Monday, December 12, 2011

Lawrence Motel 6

We are going to a KU football game and the only room we could find is at the Motel 6 in Lawrence. I know some of the Motel 6%26#39;s have become a little dodgy and was wondering if anyone has stayed in this one recently? Many thanks. You do not have to leave the light on.





Pat



Lawrence Motel 6


Its been a couple of years since I stayed there. A little dodgy sounds about right, but I would consider it again if choices were limited.





If you are uncomfortable with that hotel, you might look at Bonner Springs to the east on I-70. http://www.bonnersprings.org/tourism2.html



Lawrence Motel 6


My sister and I stayed there the weekend of Easter. We had no complaints. If you don%26#39;t get a first-floor room and don%26#39;t want to lug your bags up the stairs, there is an elevator. Free coffee only (but isn%26#39;t that true of all Motel 6%26#39;s?), but there is a Burger King within walking distance. I would guess that prices would be higher on a football weekend, but probably less than you%26#39;d find anywhere else. Money%26#39;s always a pretty big consideration for me, so I%26#39;d stay at the Motel 6 in Lawrence again, and when I%26#39;m in Wichita for a weekend, the Motel 6 there is my ';home away from home.'; Good luck to the Jayhawks on gameday!




Thanks to both of you for the info. The jayhawks certainly need all the luck they can get.




patrickh ... You%26#39;re a ';Local Expert'; and you%26#39;re asking about a Motel 6? tsk! tsk! This one%26#39;s not much different from the ones in Wichita ... which means you don%26#39;t really want to stay there if you can help it ... but sometimes you can%26#39;t help it. The doctors and bankers will have the Eldridge and Springhill full to the brim, the Holidome will be packed with family-types, and that leaves ... well, there%26#39;s a Hampton in the motel cluster at 6th %26amp; Iowa, and a H.I. Express way out south on Iowa, then there%26#39;s ... well ... not much. College town motels tend to be high end and bottom end without much middle, and that%26#39;s Lawrence, pretty much. If I was faced with staying at the Motel 6, I think I%26#39;d ';go all the way'; and try to stay in one of the cheezy little old motels, like the College on 6th, so I could pretend I was enjoying the campiness of it all ... and you%26#39;re closer to the campus, downtown, bars, food, etc. If you end up at the Motel 6, I%26#39;d suggest that on the way out there you stop at Johnny%26#39;s, get full of beer and peanuts, stagger to your room, and hope you pass out and never realize where you were sleeping. You might want to stop by a QuikShop and buy a honey bun to complete your continental breakfast, too.


  • urban decay
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment