Monday, December 12, 2011

Iola Restaurants

Any suggestions for interesting non-chain restaurants in Iola?



Iola Restaurants


Mexicam food on the square. Greenery by best western north side of town.



Iola Restaurants


Thanks.





Just looking at the list of places in town, Greenery had looked the most likely. Glad to hear that it is right next to the Best Western where I will be staying.




I%26#39;ve not been there for several years...but there is also a great chinese restaurant or was...it had a great buffet ...on the main drag and I think was on the north west corner of the intersection where it was....i believe south of the best western.....also ate at the restaurant there and it is pretty good...





just remember, small town....nothing fancy...




I tried 4 Iola restuarants this past weekend. I found Greenery average, but I would repeat any of the other three...





El Charro of Iola, the Mexican restaurant you mentioned on the square. I%26#39;m not a big fan of Mexican restaurants, but the food was quite good. The only disappointment is that they can%26#39;t serve Margarita%26#39;s, only beer.





King%26#39;s Sandwich Shop, a family owned diner that has been operating since 1955. If you eat a triple hamburger, they put your photo on their wall of fame. Doesn%26#39;t sound like a major feat, but I had fried crayfish and a chili dog instead.





Madison Avenue Steaks and Chops, open only on Friday %26amp; Saturday evenings, this steakhouse is in a wonderful old garment manufacturing building. The service so-so, but my aged steak was quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment